WELCOME TO THE 2O21/2022 ETHICS BOWL SEASON
Welcome back ethics bowlers. Are you excited for an exhilarating year of ethics bowl fun? Well, get ready because this year we are offering, in addition to the already highly successful competition itself, a series of events and programs specifically designed to enhance your team's experience. Here we go!
1.) Teams will use a special ethics bowl argument-builder to submit their views on cases in advance of the tournament, receiving written (and verbal!) feedback from a group of highly trained ethics bowl advisors.
2.) Teams will have a robust pre-season schedule, with the option to play MANY exhibition matches against teams from Ontario, other provinces, and maybe even other countries. . . .
3.) Teams will gain free admission to the first Ethics Bowl Canada Party. That's right! Students, coaches, and organizers from across the country will gather on Saturday, January 8 for an online party on the SUPER INTERACTIVE platform called Gather Town. If you haven't heard of Gather Town, then you MUST check it out.
4.) Teams will have full access to a wicked, social network where current participants can meet, learn from, and develop friendships with, former participants of the bowl. To learn more, check out our ALUMNI section.
- The event will take place on the official ethics bowl virtual platform
- Students from Grades 9-12 are eligible to participate
- Minimum number of students: three
- Maximum number of students: seven
- Tournament date: Saturday, March 5 & Sunday, March 6
- The winning team will automatically qualify for nationals
- DEADLINE: Friday, November 12
Dr. John Smol
Canada Research Chair in Environmental Science
- Cost: $300 per team
- Multiple teams (?): Yes. You can register an unlimited number of teams.
- Discount #1: Register two teams, then your third team is FREE
- Discount #2: Register three teams, then your fourth and fifth are FREE
- Coaches: We have a team of highly motivated undergrads ready to help coach teams upon request
- Payment: We accept both online payment (see form) and cheques
- Teams receive registration package upon payment